Greetings from the Executive Committee,
We are excited to announce that this year’s Deepavali function will be held on November 11th, 2018 at Festival Place, Sherwood Park and are eagerly looking forward to seeing every one of you at the event. The youth and children of our community have always been an integral part of the event and we plan to get them involved in running this event right from the start.
We are announcing a competition to design a brochure for the event (why use a standard template when we can have some fun??) and would like to involve the youth and children from our community to help us come up with a creative design for a background. Following are the guidelines regarding this competition:
- Please submit your entry on A4 size landscape (preferably) layout in a .gif, .jpeg or .pdf format only.
- Entries can be hand drawn or computer designed. Please retain originals of hand-drawn designs (if any) as we may borrow this at the time of printing and will hand them back to the winning participant.
- Preference will be given to designs that reflect the Deepavali function and the ETCA.
- Please refrain from using any text as part of the design (to the maximum extent possible) as we are looking for background designs only.
- Entries can be submitted by anyone 21 years of age or under as of January 1st, 2018.
- All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11:59 pm, September 30th, 2018.
- Winning entry will be decided during the Executive Committee meeting in October and communicated to all members shortly afterward. Winner will be given a prize at the Deepavali event. All participants will also be acknowledged.
- Use of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited.
ETCA Executive Committee